Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reconnaissance Day- Bozeman, MT

I arrived in Bozeman yesterday leaving me plenty of time to recon the area today before meeting up with my riding group for the initial meeting and dinner. (Looks like a nice group of folks and have already had some good conversations.) This morning I could not resist making the short drive down to Ennis where we are going tomorrow. Stopped by Burnt Tree Hole fishing access point where I have fished many times and where the ashes of a now deceased fishing friend where placed in the Madison River in 2008. It is a beautiful and special place to me.
While in Ennis I stopped in my favorite flyshop to say hello and there has been hardly any fishing due to high runoff conditions. There is lots of snow remaining on the mountains and Montana is greener than I have ever seen it. As you can see, it was gray and rainy today, but tomorrow promises to be much better. There will be about 2000 feet of climbing in the 46 mile run to Ennis.


Well, that is all for now. Tomorrow there will be some actual pictures of people on bicycles in these places. I will be experimenting with a helmet cam for the first time.

LINK to full picture set

No comments:

Post a Comment