Monday, June 20, 2011

Cycle Montana Day One

Forty-six miles completed and about 300 to go. Today we rode from near Bozeman to Ennis Montana through some incredibly scenic country- about one-third of it along the Madison River. Weather was cool and mostly gray, but I did get into some rain near the end of the ride at kind of a bad time. Aside from the great scenery, a highlight of the day include getting buzzed and honked at by a Montana redneck in a pickup (about mile ten) and getting into rain and crosswinds coming down a seven-percent three mile grade. That came after a 1000 foot climb in about 4 1/2 miles and was kind of scary. Here are a few pics:
 Here I am before the big climb after the Norris intersection.
 This is Richard who flew in from Florida with his Bike Friday... very gregarious guy!
 I think this guy is from Georgia. I crossed paths with him several times today. It is a group of about 60 riders so we get pretty stretched out during the day.
Here is link to complete picture set: PIC LINK
Here is link to Garmin output for the day: GARMIN LINK
My legs don't feel bad at all tonight. Tomorrow we ride 70 miles to Dillon, starting with a very big climb to Virginia City.

The next time I ride on a tour I will weigh less than 200 pounds....
The next time I ride on a tour I will weigh less than 200 pounds....
The next time I ride on a tour I will weigh less than 200 pounds....
The next time I ride on a tour I will weigh less than 200 pounds....

No comments:

Post a Comment