Monday, December 26, 2011

A Perfect Ride on Christmas Day

(Viewers: you can click the pictures to enlarge them)

It has been a couple of years since the weather around here has been suitable for outdoor riding at Christmas. It looked like that was going to be the case this year too, but that all hanged last week and a great weather pattern settled in for us in Omaha. Not only did I ride outside on Christmas Eve (32 miles), but Christmas afternoon was simply gorgeous. There was a lot of sunshine, moderate temperature, and just a little wind.


 The views from the hills on the outskirts of town were just wonderful 
and I stopped to savor them a couple of times.

While riding, I really enjoyed some music on my new iPhone, something I have never done before and generally am pretty cautious about for safety reasons. My legs felt strong for most of the ride and Elton John's Rocket Man was especially enjoyable with a little tailwind behind me!
 Just a few other riders and dog walkers were out... family duties I would guess.

It was the kind of day when you really feel sorry for people who don't ride bicycles!
A little out of shape for long riding, I did start to fatigue a little near the
end and settled for a total of 33 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment