Tuesday, December 20, 2011

October 16th- Bikemasters "Bike Wine Food" Event

A Taste of South Africa
My favorite bike shop, Bikemasters, is about as far from my house as it is possible to be and still be in Omaha. Three or four times a year they have a "Bike, Wine, Food" event for customers and all of these have been excellent. It's basically a wine/food tasting with a fairly short ride before, and tequila and beer have been substituted for wine at two of the past events. Anyway, on October 16th the wines of South Africa  were featured.


Since I had already ridden pretty hard earlier in the day I just decided meet up with the group for the tasting this time. I did drive along and shoot some pics of the group en route, which was fun.


Here are a few shots taken at the event, including one of our wine guide, Jerry Rambo. The Goats Do Roam was pretty popular!


This is maestro Rambo doing his thing. He's always very knowledgeable.
We have enjoyed talks with Brian and Kathy at several of these events.
 
Did I mention that there is food between each wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment