Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catching Up: October Riding Was Good

Well, once again I have not kept up with my blog very well. It's time to catch up a bit. Since my last post I've ridden 1534 miles. Most of it was routine local rides in the 30 mile range and not particularly blogworthy I guess. In mid September I went through a serious loss of MoJo, riding so unbelievably slow that I could hardly believe the readout on my Garmin. I didn't feel all that bad but just could not make any power. Fortunately a few days of rest did the trick and the mysterious malady went away. I've been riding pretty well ever since, even in the wind that is so prevalent in Nebraska this time of year.

A Ride With Dan B

Early in October I got a surprise email from a Bikeforum friend, Dan B. Dan is a long haul trucker who rides bikes, and a year or so ago I advised him to try the Wabash Trace Trail in Council Bluffs, IA if he ever had a layover there. He finally had that chance and we wet up for dinner in Omaha on October 1 and had a great afternoon/evening ride on October 2. I had never met Dan before but we hit it off pretty well riding up to Silver City and back, finishing at the trailhead about 9:00 PM. The after-dark part of the ride was especially nice, with near perfect weather. Pie was enjoyed afterward at the truckstop. Here are a few pics:

Picking up Dan at his home away from home

 Dan B and Billydonn at Margaritaville

 These pics are taken at "Margaritaville" a party site along the Wabash Trace Trail
Dan leaving the Mineola Steakhouse after dinner
Sunset in downtown Mineola, IA
I bailed Dan out... just kidding! ;)
 Post-ride pie at the truckstop
Nice video of our ride by Dan B

I guess that catches me up through early October. I do have more semi-noteworthy stuff to report and will ad another post tonight. It was a pretty good month.






No comments:

Post a Comment