Tuesday, June 19, 2012

20,000 Miles! I'm Thinking That's Noteworthy.


 

I just realized that some time last week I passed the 20,000 mile mark since starting my quest for cycling competence in June of 2008. I think that deserves a moment of silence.


We also leave the day after tomorrow for Missoula, MT where I will be doing Cycle Montana again this year. It's a week-long supported tour through some of the most beautiful scenery in the U.S.  There's about 380 miles of riding, I believe. After that, I'm going to be in LosAngeles where I will for sure want to ride up the fabled Glendora Mountain Road. I will be reporting in on these events without fail and videos are a strong possibility.

Today in miserable heat and wind I did my last training ride before going out west . I've been having trouble getting my HR into the upper registers lately but today was just a bit better. I'm feeling fit and ready to go... and excited to get started. My motor functions better in cool mountain air.

No comments:

Post a Comment